What Is Affiliate Marketing and Affiliate Marketing for Beginners in 2021: Affiliate marketing is a growing industry in today’s world. A lot of new affiliate marketers are coming up every day and making a good chunk of money through affiliate marketing. This article mainly focuses on the easiest path in the journey of affiliate marketing for beginners.
Just to give motivation to the beginners in this field or anyone who is willing to join this sooner or later, Did you know that Part Flynn, the owner of the Smart Passive Income website makes around $100,000 through affiliate marketing. Isn’t that huge?
There are also many other people who are earning around $300,000 per month through affiliate marketing. So, it is a very good source of passive income.
Hey, but remember, you will not get to see these types of results in a single day or a month. You need to keep practicing and learning and implementing it in order to reach there. First of all, let’s see what is affiliate marketing and how does it work?
What is affiliate marketing?
First of all, you need to know that in affiliate marketing, three parties are involved. They are :
• The Merchant – A merchant is a person who is selling the product.
• The Affiliate Network – An Affiliate Network is a place on which the merchant is trying to sell the product. For example, Amazon or Flipkart, and at last
• The Affiliate – An Affiliate is a person who brings in traffic and generates the sales for that product sold by the merchant.
Affiliate marketing can be best defined as – It is a process of earning money, or rather commissions by promoting some other people’s or Company’s products.
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
What generally happens in affiliate marketing is, you find a product, promote it, and whenever someone buys the product, you are rewarded with a share of profit.
In affiliate marketing, you will be joining an affiliate network and you will be promoting the products of the merchant through a special affiliate link. So, when a person will buy the product you are promoting through your affiliate link, then you will get a commission or a share of profit.
Your job as an affiliate marketer would be to just promote the links and if a sale occurs through your promoted link, you earn money. This is the basic concept of affiliate marketing.
almost all the companies use the technique of affiliate marketing in order to increase the reach of their brand or generate a lot of new sales. For example, companies like Amazon, FoodPanda, Zomato, Uber, Swiggy, Flipkart and many more renowned companies use affiliate marketing.
How affiliate marketing will help you
The biggest benefit of affiliate marketing is definitely online earning on autopilot. You can drive free traffic to your websites from Google and earn a lot of money as affiliate commissions.
It is a great source of passive income for you. The affiliate links of the products can pay you for a very long period of time, with just a one time effort. Isn’t that amazing?
How you can learn affiliate marketing?
To learn affiliate marketing, you don’t need any special qualifications or technical knowledge.
You can learn it and make money easily from anywhere in the world. You don’t need your physical presence.
You can make a lot of money through it, if done the right way.
Best affiliate marketing network for beginners
There are plenty of affiliate networks in the market. You need to select the best one for you. While there are more complicated ones like Clickbank and the Commission Junction, but there you need the knowledge of advanced digital marketing in order to make money. The competition there is very high.
For beginners, who are just starting out, the best affiliate marketing program is the Amazon Affiliate Marketing, i.e., Amazon Associate. It’s easy to run and promote through Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
Why focus on Amazon Affiliate marketing?
Amazon is the world’s biggest E-Commerce website. The US targeted Amazon, i.e., Amazon.com is visited by 2.5 billion visitors per month. The Amazon India website has monthly visitors of around 360 Million.
So, the competition in Amazon.in is very less and it is easy to make money from it. Apart from this, there are many other reasons why you should join the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Network. They are :
• First of all, once you promote your Amazon affiliate link, the cookie period is for 24 hours. So, the good thing is that whatever the person purchases in the next 24 hours, you will also get a commission for that.
• The second good point is that, in Amazon Affiliate Marketing Network, you get paid for the entire cart of the person and not just the product.
So let’s imagine you referred a person a pair of jeans. But the person ends up buying a Jeans, Shirt, and a pair of Shoes as well. So, in these types of cases, you will get the commission for the all the products in the cart of that person’s Amazon account.
Isn’t that amazing? That’s why Amazon Affiliate Network is so much recommended.
• The third benefit is the Amazon brand. Everyone knows about Amazon very well. So, it helps in creating trust for the customers. That is why the conversion rate from Amazon is very high and people make more affiliate commissions.
You can get upto 3-4% of conversion rate through Amazon Affiliate Marketing. This means that out of the 100 people you are referring, 3-4 people end up buying the product.
How you can make money from Affiliate Marketing??
The easy answer to this question is to create a website and scale it. Starting a website has many advantages. Just as mentioned above, the competition in India is very low.
Moreover, once your websites start ranking on the first page of Google, you will not have to work anymore. You will get free traffic from Google. Unlike other platforms that come and go, Google is not going anywhere. So you don’t have to worry that Google will go out of fashion in a few months. People will keep on searching on Google.
Affiliate websites can also make you money in many other ways. You can get sponsorship opportunities, brands will start emailing you. You can also make money from sponsored links, sponsored reviews.
There is one more interesting fact. A fully establish affiliate website sell for around 30x its monthly revenue. So let’s say you’re making Rs 20,000 from your website on a monthly basis, then you can sell it for atleast Rs 6,00,000.
There are many other ways of doing affiliate marketing for beginners like through YouTube channel or doing it through Instagram.
Affiliate Marketing for beginners on YouTube
Affiliate Marketing for beginners on YouTube: Youtube in today’s times is very much popular. Yes, you can start affiliate marketing on Youtube but the main problem is that Youtube is already very competitive. Almost all the niches are dominated by some advanced Youtubers. Moreover, you
will also have to show your face and you will also require some expensive setups and equipments.
Affiliate Marketing for beginners on Instagram
Affiliate Marketing for beginners on Instagram: One thing to be mentioned is that every social media platform comes and goes. So Instagram might not be able to survive in a couple of years. And, Getting Instagram Followers is very hard as compared to getting your website online and bringing traffic to it.
In today’s times, every social media platform has limited its organic reach. They want you to pay them money in order to reach your followers. Competition on Instagram has become very high and one of the worst things about Instagram is that you can only share links in one place, i.e. the bio. So, this will reduce your affiliate commissions.
The organic reach has been limited by Facebook also. So it is not recommended to go for Instagram or YouTube or a Facebook page or a group. so, the best strategy is to create a website, scale it, and start affiliate marketing for it.
How much money can Affiliate Marketing make you?
Making money through affiliate marketing solely depends on the time you are willing to invest on your learning and your websites. It will be difficult for you in the beginning because you are new to it. But after sometime you will be familiar with it.
There are people who are making around $10,000 or $100,000 or even $300,000 per month through affiliate marketing. So, affiliate marketing is a very good source of passive income for you.
How to Start Amazon Affiliate Marketing for beginners
Starting Affiliate Marketing on Amazon is an already task. But, you need to remember that you need to have a lot of patience to do affiliate marketing.
It’s not the thing that you started your website today and after one week you will start making money. It’s not gonna happen that way. You need to put consistent efforts and if you do that in a right way, it is guaranteed that in 2-3 months, you will start making money.
Steps to start affiliate marketing for beginners
1. Create A Website
Your website should be optimized properly. It’s loading speed should be optimized so that it can load faster and enhance your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is very important for your site. It’s gonna help you to rank on Google.
2. Selecting a suitable niche
Niche research is very important in affiliate marketing. Many beginners do this mistake. They try to promote every product. That’s not a good practice.
You need to select a niche for yourself. Better, select that niche which you like. For example, if you love fashion industry and have a good knowledge about that industry, you can go for Fashion niche.
Moreover, you need to keep in mind that in Amazon Affiliate Marketing, you need to select a niche in such a way that it is profitable as well as low competitive.
This is because you will be starting out as a beginner and if your niche will be highly competitive, then it will be very difficult for you to rank on Google. So, you need to select a low competitive high profitable niche.
3. Keyword Research
Researching keywords is very important before writing an article. You should have a lot of keywords placed properly in your article for good SEO.
Good SEO will help you rank on Google fast and make your website appear on the 1st page of the Google. There are many tools for doing Keyword Research. One such tool is Ubersuggest by Neil Patel. It’s a free tool. You can use it for your keyword research.
4. Writing Good Articles
Writing articles for your website is not such an easy task. But don’t worry, with time, you will be able to know all the techniques for good articles.
Your Articles should have a proper structure. It should have a good SEO score. It should contain a lot of target keyword. You should use good relevant images, infographics etc for your article.
All these things are very necessary for your articles and will help you to rank on Google. You can either write articles by yourself or you can outsource it, which means you can give that work to some content writers and in return pay them some money.
5. Signing for an Amazon Associate Account
To start Amazon Affiliate Marketing, you need to sign up for an Amazon Associate Account. It’s super easy to do.
There are few things to remember for an Amazon Associate Account. If you violate any of these, your account might get banned. Now, let’s talk about that.
Things to remember in Amazon Affiliate Marketing to not get banned
• You have to make 3 qualifying sales within 180 days from your Amazon Associate Account. Amazon affiliate marketing for beginners is the easiest option in the affiliate marketing field to start with but it will be very difficult for you to make 3 sales from your newly created website. So, the best way is to create a website, write some articles, gain some traffic, and then apply for Amazon Associate Account.
• You cannot use product images from Amazon on your website to promote the products.
• You are strictly prohibited to use any link shortening or link cloaking service. For example, if you have an Amazon Associate Account and you use ‘Bitly’ to shorten it, that’s not ok.
• You are not allowed to use your own Amazon Affiliate Link or encourage your friends and family to use them.
• You cannot encourage your website visitors to click on the affiliate links to just support the website. This might get you banned.
• Your website should be publicly available on the internet where you are using your affiliate links. You cannot share your affiliate links to any membership portals where the user needs to log in to get those links.
• You cannot post any review of the customer from Amazon or star rating on your website. This might get your account banned.
• You cannot represent yourself as Amazon. This means you cannot quote yourself as “Representative of Amazon” or “Amazon Customer Care Representative.”
• You can not use your Amazon affiliate links in the e-mail. If you have an e-mail list and you are promoting your affiliate links there, then your account might get banned.
• You cannot have Amazon affiliate links in pdf or e-books
• You also cannot list prices from Amazon. So, if you are listing product prices from Amazon, then your Amazon Associate Account might get banned.
• You cannot post your links on Forums. So, let’s say if you are a part of an online community or a forum, then your account might get banned.
• Stay away from generating click on your Amazon Affiliate Links using a software or a bot. This will get your account banned.
• You cannot provide any incentives to your audience to click on the affiliate links. This can also get your account banned.
These are some of the guidelines you need to keep in your mind while using an Amazon Associate Account for Affiliate Marketing, otherwise, your account might get banned from Amazon.
Mistakes made by beginners in Affiliate Marketing
Not showing patience – You won’t start making money on day one. Rather, slowly and steadily you will be scaling.
Not implementing – Many newbie Affiliate Marketers just think of new techniques by reading or watching videos but do not apply them. The more you apply, the more you learn.
Getting Greedy – There will be many newbies who start implementing tricks and techniques on multiple websites. If you’re a beginner or just starting out, then you should open only one single website, and try to focus entirely on that. Your first priority should be starting one website and giving your 100% in scaling it.
So, if you follow all these techniques and guidelines, then it is guaranteed that within 2-3 months, you will start making money from your Amazon Affiliate Website.
It can be a little bit complicated for you at the beginning. But within a few days of implementing, you will become a pro.
After gaining experience, you can create many more websites, build a good team and scale it further.
The most important point for a beginner is to never forget to show patience. Affiliate Marketing takes time. You just need to give value to your users and soon, you will start making money through affiliate marketing.
By using these techniques and properly implementing all of these, you can make upto $1,000-$3,000 per month from affiliate marketing. But, it will take some time.